Friday, May 03, 2013

Translators and (Their) Authors


As you read this, I’m on my way to Tel Aviv to attend the Translators and (Their) Authors conference at Tel Aviv University. I’ll be speaking about Swedish author Gösta Knutsson, who also translated work by Lewis Carroll.

Besides the fact that the conference itself sounded interesting, I was also keen to go because I’ve only been to Jerusalem, and I loved it and wanted a chance to see more of Israel.

I hope some of you will be at the conference and, if so, I look forward to seeing you there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see "Translators and (Their) Authors" for once, rather than the eternal "Authors and (Their) Translators"!

Billy said...

If you're here (in Israel..) you might also want to go on Sunday to this seminar in the memory of Professor Shlezinger at Bar-Ilan university (not far from Tel-Aviv) - The human factor: The translator, the interpreter and the target audience. [I have a PDF about it, but a. I don't know how to put a copy of it here; b. it is mostly written in Hebrew.. [as far as I know there is going to be simultaneous interpretation, but with limited headsets..]

Besides that, hope you have a great time in Israel!
(and no, I won't be attending either as I have a little child..)

B.J. Epstein said...

I heard about that, actually, but alas I returned home to England by then. I hope it went well!

Best wishes,
BJ