Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Translation Goals for 2012

Happy new year!

What are your translation goals for this year?

One of my major goals is that I hope to continue promoting a couple of Swedish authors whose works are unfortunately not available in English yet. I’m working on some sample translations for them and I’m helping them query publishers in the US and the UK. They are wonderful authors but because they are neither well-known nor crime novelists, it’s hard for them to find publishers who will publish translations of their work. But I’m hopeful!

3 comments:

Carolyn Y. said...

Good luck with your goal! Sounds interesting, and fulfilling. As a younger translator, my goals are to finish translating my website into my more tricky source language and to get busy regularly contacting potential direct clients. We'll see how it goes!

EP said...

Maybe it's a bit late, but Happy New Year to you, too! My goals are a lot like very body else's out there, I guess. Find more translating jobs!

B.J. Epstein said...

Thank you to you both! Good luck to you as well.